Oh, how long has it been since I have done a ten smile? Way too long, I’m afraid. I mean well, but finding the time to put together posts these days just doesn’t find it’s way into my priorities. I remember when I used to post nearly every day, I believe that had to be before Anna though. Whew, since having Anna my life has changed in so many ways, and that certainly includes blogging. Running after two little ones certainly keeps me on my toes!
I was thinking about things today and how one day my children are not going to want to play with their very uncool mom, how dress up will no longer be fun and doors are going to be shut a lot more than open in our home, and I suddenly realize, yeah, blogging is definitely something that should be on a back burner for me. So…there is my reason for blogging so infrequently, as you can see, it’s a pretty good one!
With that though, I do want to have a bit of a journal to remember sweet things that are occuring daily in our home and ten smiles is a great way to remember and focus on those. So, without further adieu, here are my smiles:
1. The Haiti Effort. We didn’t have much of a turnout the day of the drive, but we did have a lot of people donate financially online, tell us they were praying and support us throughout so that surely made it all worth it. It really is great knowing you are working for something bigger than yourself.
2. Carrie. My good friend, Carrie, went with me for the day to work at the Haiti drive, and we had such a great day just hanging out and talking. We are never together without our children so it was so nice to just be “us” for a few hours.
3. Dress up. I’m not sure why but Lilla has never been big into dressing up, it’s always just been something she does with other kids. No longer though, suddenly she is totally into it. Today she had on her dress from my brother’s wedding ALL day long. We were Ariel and Eric the whole day. She is loving it!
4. The fire. Even as I type our fire is going. Unfortunately, it is gas, so it doesn’t let off heat, but oh, the calm and peace of a fire is truely unmatchable!
5. Music. Both of my girls love music. They are constantly singing, dancing or playing some type of instrument. Which, is why we have so many in the house. Lilla’s favorite is the harmonica we got her for Christmas, she loves that thing! Anna is all about drums right now. So fun to watch them enjoy something we love too!
6. MOPS. Although our numbers have not been really high this last year, it has been really wonderful getting to know some moms better and enjoying the great speakers we’ve gotten involved.
7. The big game. As most of you know, I’m from Indiana. I’m also a Colts fan. And, this is a great time to be a Colts fan. Also, we hung out with some newer friends to watch the game, and that is always fun. Lots of laughs, lots of food and lots of just good fun!
8. Apples of Gold. Our church has a program called Apples of Gold which is a mentoring program for married women 35 and younger. We started this past week and it was so great getting to spend 3 hours cooking, talking and learning to love our husbands better. Can’t wait for this week!
9. Homemade. I have to admit, I can often be very lazy when it comes to dinner. I just get busy and so we often just grab something on the go. We have really been trying hard this month though to stop doing that to save money and save our waistlines. That does work, but a really great part has just been enjoying the time together sitting down at our own table and being able to relax. Yes, it does take time to make the food but I have really enjoyed teaching Lilla to cook in the process.
10. Eclair cake. Because, you know, almost everyone of my ten smiles has some type of food in it, I just had to put this one in for you. At apples this past week they made us an eclair cake, which, if you’ve never had one, is fabulous!! Here is a recipe, so easy and sooooo good!
What are you smiling about this week?