Another week has come and gone, and it is now the middle of July?!?! Where did June even go, my goodness this summer is going fast. It’s been so cold it actually has felt more like a long spring. And wet too! Wow, we’ve had the rain this year. Usually by this time the grass is getting brown, but not this year. It’s green and healthy and boy is it growing!
So, I haven’t posted smiles in a while, so I wanted to do it while I had a chance today.
1. A big smile right at the moment is both girls taking a nap at the same time. We have had a lot of sickies in this house for the past few weeks, so I think both bodies are just worn down and needed recoup time. Nice for me to catch a little, unusual, break during the day!
2. The individual blueberry cobblers baking in my oven right now. Thanks to the Pioneer Woman, she has this very simple and delicious sounding recipe posted for them. She actually made them with raspberries but blueberries are what I have on hand, so just 11 more minutes and mmmmm…mmmm…..
3. Going to the children’s musuem last Thursday. The girls and I had such fun with a friend and her children. Haven’t been since the new year so it was fun to seem some changes and spend the afternoon exploring and pretending all kinds of things!4. Gymnastics. It was Lilla’s last day for this class, she’ll start again in August, and we just had so much fun. Lilla is not the most balanced person, but what she lacks for in balance, she makes up for in spirit. She is just ready for anything when it comes to tumbling and I love to watch!
5. Births. On Thursday, a third friend in two weeks will have had a baby. It’s like a baby boom around here but it is so exciting to watch new life starting and families growing. Lovely.
6. Maternity shoot. Last week I had a chance to take some maternity pictures for one of those friends the day before she gave birth. I had fun doing it and thought at least a couple of the shots came out pretty well.7. County fair. Sunday we went to the parade and county fair in our little town. The parade is actually quite big and Lilla got ridiculous amounts of candy, which she really enjoyed. We then went over and visited the animals and exhibits and watched a llama dress up show. Not bad for a free day of fun!8. The bounty. Our garden is starting to bloom something serious. I see watermelons, zucchini, green beans, tomatoes, broccoli, peppers, cucumbers….so much good stuff! We are already harvesting some and having a blast doing it. There is just nothing like enjoying those fruits of your labor!
9. The big cut. Lilla got her first big girl cut this week. Of course I cried, but doesn’t she look beautiful? And way too old! Good-bye little girl locks, I will sure miss them!10. Having the windows open. The wonderful thing about the weather being cooler is that the air doesn’t have to be on and it’s perfect weather for the windows to be open. I love the coolness of the breeze coming through and the freshness of the air!
What are you smiling about today?